Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2 Weeks Post Surgery - first day back to work!



Its hard to believe its been two weeks since surgery already. It has gone by fast, but it still feels like the surgery was yesterday...


Being home with Gregg for two weeks was amazing, even given the circumstances, but I knew it would come to an end eventually. Today was my first day back to work and I must say it has been nice to get back into the swing of things and get my mind of my jaw for a little while. (I DID not miss Atlanta traffic though...ugh!) Everyone at work has been so understanding through the whole ordeal...I couldn't ask for better employers and co-workers!


Swelling goes down a little each day, but I'm still very swollen above my upper lip and behind my nose. The bruising is almost all gone. Stitches are still in the healing process, and really only bother me when I talk for a long time or laugh. I'm still completely numb on my nose and the area directly around it, most of my upper lip, and the roof of my mouth. I'm not happy with my nose at all...it still looks quite "piggy" to me...as if I needed any help making my nose bigger! haha


I'm trying to remember that the doctor warned me it would take 3-6 months to really judge the final result, but thats hard to do.


Here are some photo's from this morning:




Chew something for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs