Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 2



Well, aside from being really sore, tired and hungry, I'm feeling pretty good today. Sleep last night was still pretty restless. The antibiotic I'm taking makes me really, really itchy all over so I kept tossing and turning, and itching and scratching. At least there is no rash or anything. I took some Benadryl last night and that seemed to help. The nose bleeds are a bit more under control, but still very annoying. Bruising seems to be worse in the evening, and not as bad first thing in the morning. I am way more swollen and bruised on my left side where they took the bone graft from, that side is way more painful too. I've been keeping my "Jaw Bra" on almost all day to hopfully minimize swelling. Oh, and my nose is really really swollen too, somewhat pig-like you might say. Lets hope that it doesn't stay like that.




So far I've eaten (if you can call squirting a syringe in my mouth eating) chicken broth, tomato soup, Ensure, apple juice, gatorade and coffee. Tried using a straw to no avail, guess I'll try again tomorrow :) Oh yeah, I took a shower this morning and that was pretty incredible...



Had some visitors today too which really cheered me up, (thanks Michelle and Susie! and Karley too!)




Here are pictures from this morning (and yes, that is tissue shoved up my nose... attractive, right? I'm so over these random nosebleeds!
























Guess thats all for right now....




Chew something for me!

- Sarah























No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs