Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 3 - ready...set... SWELL!

Thank you everybody for all of the encouragement, phone calls, cards, flowers, and prayers. I knew it before, but it has been reiterated to me this week what good friends, coworkers, and family I am fortunate enough to have. I'm especially thankful for my amazing husband who has been doing everything possible to keep me comfortable...always making sure I have ice in my "jaw bra", getting up with me in the middle of the night to take my medications, watching girly movies with me all day, etc. (still waiting on him to feed me like a bird like he promised, but I guess there is still time for that)

These were taken this morning at around 8:30am... bad case of bedhead going on...

You can't really see the bruising very well in the photos, but my left cheek is a nice shade of purplish green...









As you can see, the swelling has gotten a tad bit worse :) It actually takes effort to close my lips together.




My nose and my upper lip is completely numb, and most of my cheeks. I pretty much only have feeling in my chin, and forehead.












1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just had my bone graft surgery Monday and I look like that girl from whoville! About how long does it take for swelling to go down

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs