Friday, April 29, 2011

Days 7-10

Now that my steriod induced pity party and bout with depression has subsided, I figured an update would be nice :)





I think Tuesday was definitely the PEAK of everything...the swelling, the pain, the depression, the bruising...you name it - it was at it's worst. Crying for no reason, curled up in a ball, missing my mom, feeling sorry for myself, not wanting to get out of bed, looking at my face in the mirror and convincing myself that I look like Shrek - it was no fun. And for all of you who were victims of mine, I sincerely apologize and promise I will make it up to you somehow (ie: Gregg, etc.). Oh yeah, and good news, I'm not pregnant. I found that out on Monday too...so I think that emotional lovelyness that takes place naturally on a monthly basis really added a "little something special" to the emotional state that I was already in...


Wednesday was like a light switch went on...I went into some sort of crazy organizational frenzy and decided it would be a great time to organize things that I haven't organized in 4 years (cabinets under the bathroom sinks, drawers of the nightstands, boxes under the bed) Gregg just kind of sat there with a look on his face like he saw a unicorn in real life or something....confused, but pleasantly surprised.


Yesterday, I had my post-op with Dr. Loetscher. He really is an amazing surgeon, and all of his nurses and staff are SO nice too. He said that my bite is "perfect", and that everything is healing the way it should be :) I asked if its normal for the inside of my mouth to look the way it does, and he was like "oh, like fish guts? yeah, that's normal." So thats a relief. They took xrays and I got to see all the metal plates holding my grill together. I think there were 4 metal plates all together, and 2 screws holding the bone graft in place. He showed me on a model where they separated my jaw to widen it, that was pretty interesting, its like a "v" cut into the roof of my mouth with the point starting between my two front teeth...cool, huh? I have to go back in 5 weeks for a follow-up, but all in all it was a great doctors visit. I asked one of his nurses to email me "before" pictures and copies of the xrays so I'll post those when I get them.





I guess thats all for now...here are some pictures from day 9 (4/28), the swelling has DEFINITELY gone down a lot, and the bruising seems to be getting better too:




















I thought I would end with a picture of my favorite little visitor (isn't she adorable?!):


Love you Karley!








Chew something for me!




-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs